Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Finds At The Antique Mall II

I went digging in the crates at the antique mall again today at lunch time and found some more 45's for the jukebox. Most are hits from the mid-1960's, but I was happy to find the three Ray Charles singles on Atlantic. The first two singles are taken from the album What'd I Say (Atlantic, 1959). I already have an original copy of the single for "What'd I Say Parts 1 & 2" that originally belonged to my dad. Complete with his inscription of "Larry" in cursive on the B-side. The third Ray Charles single is also on his album   Yes Indeed! (Atlantic, 1958).  I bought the "Band On The Run" 45 to replace the one I had in the jukebox and I'm glad that I did because the new one sounds much cleaner and crisper. I haven't even cleaned the record yet.

45's
Ray Charles - That's Enough b/w Tell Me How Do You Feel (Atlantic, 1959)
Ray Charles - You Be My Baby b/w My Bonnie (Atlantic, 1959)
Ray Charles - Swanee River Rock b/w I Want A Little Girl (Atlantic, 1957)
James Brown - Get It Together - Pts 1 & 2 (King, 1967)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Tyrell - Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing b/w Little Ole Boy, Little Ole Girl (Tamla, 1967)
Kool & The Gang - Celebration b/w Morning Star (Deelite, 1980)
The Supremes - Reflections b/w Going Down For The Third Time (Motown, 1967)
The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love b/w Put Yourself In My Place (Motown, 1966)
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run b/w Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five (Apple, 1973)
The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me b/w Mindrocker (ACTA, 1967)
The Coasters - Yakety Yak b/w Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart (Atco, 1958)



The Mama's and The Papa's - Deliver (Dunhill, 1967)

No comments: