My friend Tom texted me yesterday excited that Camper Van Beethoven and Cracker were touring and playing a show in St. Louis on January 8th. I had seen this in an e-mail the previous week, but hadn't done much about it yet. My boss and I talked about it last Friday but dropped the subject quickly.
Weirdly enough just before Tom texted me, my boss received a text from his friend about the show too. The show was back on my mind again. I texted Tom back and asked how much and he replied they were having a special until Friday and if you bought 3, you got one free. I checked The Pageant site and found tickets were priced at $20. With this deal the tickets would be $15 each + miscellaneous charges.
Count me in!
I haven't seen Cracker play since a very chilly February night in 1993 when I saw them at Mississippi Nights with Counting Crows as the opener. After hearing good things about their recent shows from my friends, I wanted to see Cracker the last couple of times they played at Blueberry Hill, but just never got there.
The balcony is closed for the show so it should be a little bit more intimate than usual.
Should be a great show! I concur with Tom's sentiments - "Looking forward"
2 comments:
Just saw 'em in August - really solid show! They played "I Want Everything" off of Kerosene Hat, which blew my mind!
There's a small chance that I might come in to STL for this show. We'll see!
I have been meaning to get to one of their shows over the last couple of years but this was a must see.
Yeah...you wouldn't think that they would pull out "I Want Everything" very often - not necessarily a crowd pleaser, even though it's one of my favorites.
Hope you can make it out to STL for show Matt. Maybe we'll get to meet up since I forgot to contact you before the Springsteen show and thought of it only when I sat down in my seat.
Post a Comment