On Monday night, my wife was getting our daughter ready for bed and needed to put a t-shirt on her before she went to sleep. When my wife went to the closet to get a shirt my daughter said,
"My wear AC/DC shirt?"
My wife and I laughed, but complied with her request. My wife tucked her in and I read her The Poky Little Puppy again and she drifted off to sleep to the soothing ocean sounds from the wave machine. Months ago my wife had bought my daughter the AC/DC shirt along with a Star Wars shirt at Target. She's worn both quite a bit because we're not into dressing our daughter like a girly girl.
The next morning I got our daugher up to go to the babysitter's house. I changed her diaper, pulled on her black pants and had the long sleeved shirt that my wife had laid out for her to wear in my hand. In a soothing voice I said, "Ok, I need to change your shirt now." Our daughter replied, "No, my wear AC/DC shirt." I laughed again, but didn't want to fight over this since the shirt really wasn't dirty.
So, our daughter wore the AC/DC shirt all day and evening. We repeated the same evening ritual last night. Ouf daughter wanted to wear the AC/DC shirt to bed again! My wife insisted that she change her shirt and she didn't protest too much. Our daughter conceded it was okay for her mommy to put on the pink Alamo shirt that her uncle brought back from Texas for her. When she saw that shirt our daughter said, "(insert uncle name) bought this." We laughed again only because she seems so smart. My wife tucked her in, I read What's Baking, Strawberry Shortcake?, Where's Baby's Pumpkin?, and The Poky Little Puppy, and she was off to sleep again.
This morning, I got my daughter up again and she wanted to wear the AC/DC shirt again! Luckily, she already had the Alamo shirt on that we planned to leave on and didn't protest too much again. I know she just likes the shirt because she's really into the alphabet right now, but I still think it's cute!
Rock on little girl!
3 comments:
Don't forget the part about how she said "David bought this" when we put on the Alamo shirt!!
yea, that's the most important part.
David
yea, that's the most important part.
David
Post a Comment